Saturday, February 13, 2010

The good old days (?)

Someone sent me this email entitled "Your childhood in one email"... Some of the images I remember very well - others not at all - so if nothing else, it provoked a trip down memory lane... Sometimes it is hard to explain my world to my daughter because I was born before everyone used ATMS, cell phones and computers!... 

How many of these do you remember?
 
45 rpm spindles


(ding dong) "Avon calling"





One of my childhood favorites - CHATTY CATHY!

 
I went on lots of dates at drive-in movies as a teenager!



Yes, I do remember having to pop in the flash bulbs and if you tried to remove them too quickly, getting slightly burned from the heat of one used!



LOVED the S&H Green Stamp program... the store was like going to Santa Claus' workshop with unlimited elf dollars!




I made a LOT of chewing gum chains as a teenager!
 
Hated these metal ice cube trays~!!!



New and improved way of having popcorn at home!



Have his autograph in fact... wonder where I put it?


 

When you could afford to send things through the mail...




Who doesn't remember Timmy and Lassie?


 

The end of any night when you should have gone to bed and didn't, but fell asleep in front of the TV~!!






No comments: