Wednesday, August 19, 2009

RFP - 08/19/09

I'm pretty disgusted with the reinstatement of Michael Vicks by the NFL commissioner and then the Eagles signing him for a year at $1.6 million... Must EVERYTHING in this country ALWAYS be driven and/or motivated by money?...

Seems to me Pete Ross is still banned for life from baseball if I'm not mistaken...

But oh, I forgot... Gambling didn't generate revenue to the government or any big corporations, did it?...

Why wasn't Vicks banned from football for life?... Anyone that can electrocute a dog, engage in the dog fighting industry and all the rest of the horrendous acts he did while enjoying his 'hobby' should certainly have paid an equitable price, if not worse, than Rose did IMHO... Or am I the only person that is questioning why such different degrees of punishment between the two sports figures? Why is the person who took life so brutally not getting a worse punishment than someone who bet on the outcomes of games?

I don't get it, I truly don't...

Oh, I understand football is BIG bucks, but why are some more accountable for their actions than others? And have you watched the video on ESPN?... Talk about 'scripted'... I'm wondering if there was a teleprompter behind the cameras because Vicks sounds that insincere to me!

Vick said he cried in prison about "what I did, being away from my family, letting so many people down, letting myself down, not being out on the football field, being in a prison bed, in a prison bunk, writing letters home. That wasn't my life. That wasn't the way that things were supposed to be."... Sorry, I didn't hear any remorse in his statements... And BTW - it wasn't the way things were supposed to be?... That's EXACTLY how things were supposed to be once he was convicted of dogfighting! Or did I miss something???

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... Once again MONEY triumphs over what is right in this country... Football and the almighty billion$ of dollar$ it generates won out over what is the right, ethical and moral thing...

No comments: