Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why do I continue to write?

Afternoon... First chance I've had to actually sit and think without headed in a gazillon directions today...

Now just WHERE did I sit that roll of tickets down?... I've been looking for them most of the day off and on!... LOL...)... I had an unopened roll of tickets yesterday as I was cleaning things out around the house... I remember having them in my hands and then something happened (can't remember what) and I got distracted taking care of that... I know I just sat them down somewhere, but I can't find them for the life of me... Geesh!

I KNOW I didn't 'put them away' because I would have made a mental note of where I put them... It is SO easy to get distracted around here some days - a barking dog, the phone rings, have a load of laundry to change, you name it!

I used to do it to my glasses, but eventually got tired of hunting them down!

Some days I wonder why I bother to keep writing the Press... It is the same as talking to an unknown and faceless therapist, more or less... My husband says he is more aware of what is going on inside me just by reading the Press... He might learn even more by not having on that damned TV... LOL.... 

I've been doing this kind of 'auto-writing' since I was a teenager... I like to go back periodically and read some of the OLD journals... I had some wild and crazy thoughts back then... I am amazed at some of the TRIVIAL things I felt were so important... And I get saddened by the realization that in some cases, not much in this world had changed... 

And there is something about writing down things you have been feeling and thinking about... My foster mom used to always say that once you wrote it down, you took it off of the 'brain list' you were consistently compiling inside of your head... She's probably very right for there were few things ever that she was wrong about!

Some days I get on a tangent and can't seem to shake off a topic or pattern of thoughts... Yesterday, I put in a call to a friend of mine I mentioned a few weeks back - she's got various forms of cancer going on, and she pops into my thoughts a lot...

And I am always running against the clock... 'Gotta get this done today'... 'Gotta make sure I call so-and-so'... I turn around, the day is halfway over and I am still only 25% down my today's list!... Geezie, peezie.... Does that darn clock speed up on me some days?

I tend to look more closely at life and people in my life for some reason... I'm not so sure that I am objective observer, but I sure do seem to think some very strange thoughts some days... And some of the thoughts are VERY intense... I don't just worry about this or that... I WORRY~!!!... I don't seem to have the capacity to love just a little bit, but all-encompassing, deep, intense love... Same goes for hate and irritation as well... sigh...

But at least when I auto-write it is a one-way thing... For the most part... Some people are pretty good about writing back to me, especially when I hit a nerve on a particular topic...  I know that I will not use the proper grammar or tense in sentences, so I'm always a bit taken back by people who continue to read my rambles... But at least I feel a bit of a release by putting it into text and out of me!...

Off to continue to look for that roll of tickets~!!!

As Always,
The Lady

1 comment:

lindalos54 said...

So where did you finally find the roll of tickets?

And please don't stop the presses! I still enjoy keeping up with you, even if I don't reply often.

It's hard to believe how many years have passed since our paths first crossed. Our Des' are now young woman in college. Where have the years gone?

Sadly, my husband passed away in January and with my Des living away from home, the condo is very quiet when I come home. But I now have my own "furkids". I still have Lucky, the American Eskimo that we rescued almost 9 yrs ago. He was Richie's baby and is so lost without his daddy. I also have 3 bunnies. They are my joy and love. I am actively involved in the only Rabbit Rescue in our county. It is so heartbreaking to see how people just think of animals as "it's only a....enter animal of your choice....."

It's been a long 13 plus years since the first RFP I stumbled over. But I still look forward to "Keeping up with the Nelson's"!

Hugs to you all.
the East Coast Linda